The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, June 23, 2007

First Week Down

Wow...I worked a whole week at my new job. By the end of Tuesday I was already thinking "weekend." Finally it is here.

How do I like my new job? Well, there's this huge learning curve...not just the work either. I have to learn passcodes and passwords and my way to the ladies' room. I have to learn where the mail goes, who does what, who to email when this happens, who to not email, the procedure to get white out, how to enter my time in and what my job title and phone number is. I can honestly tell you I don't know what my new phone number is. I have to look it up. I have to look up my password to get into the system. They tell me what it is and it's one of these PWs you can't remember like "tc42i01"...no rhyme, no reason (that isn't my password, in case you think it is). I'm learning the people...this is hard. There is so many faces and names to remember. Plus you have to learn about them..if not acknowledging your existance is really a sign they don't like you or just their normal disposition.

So far so good. There are pluses to this job over my old job but there are negatives too. I used to complain about my "Awfical" now I don't have one...I have an office...that I share with three other ladies. Fortunately, so far, none of them have annoying snorting habits or stink excessively. The breaks are designated and the smokers go right by our office, like cattle crossing to get to the outdoors. Fifteen minutes later, they are back reeking of cigarette smoke and sweat.

But, all in all...it is good. The work is challendging; probably would be more if my new boss gave it to me at once. I'm happy she is rationing it out as I get more comfortable. I'm not overwhelmed...just whelmed. LIfe is good.

No comments: