The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Inappropiate Disclosure

I gave notice at the job I've been at for over 8 years. Management finally got around to announcing it. It was making me nuts because for over 8 days I've had to keep this news to myself. I was asked to "not discuss it" with my co-workers, my friends, the people I've been sharing and being shared to with pieces of each other for a long time. It was so hard for me. I'm the best secret keeper, as long as they are other people's secrets. I'm not so good with my own though. Well, I can be but it kills me.

It reminds me of my youth, when I'd buy my brother a Birthday present and give it to him. I'd be busting at the seams waiting for him to open it; to share in my delight at finding a great gift. He knew it too. He'd say, "Oh, thanks, I'll open it later." It would make me nuts!

Finally the VP announces it to all at a staff meeting called just for this occassion. But not only does he tell them I'm leaving, he also shares with them the place I'm going to. Now, personally, I don't care if people know where I'm going; it's not like I just got hired at the adult bookstore down the street, but isn't that up to me? Shouldn't I be the one to tell them, if I choose, where I'm going? I wanted to blurt out, "I'll take Inappropiate Disclosure" for $500, Alex." But I didn't. I also wanted to say, "FINALLY, SOMETHING ABOUT ME!" It seems like he stoled that from me. Here was my time to have the attention of everyone in the room, as they sat on the edge of their seats (although we were all standing) and waited for me to drop the bomb. But it was snatched from me. Oh, you can call me petty; I get that but right is right.

No comments: