The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Monday, March 24, 2008

Our Vacation

I'm so bad about not writing about what we did on our trip to Buffalo. Fortunately, my dad is doing pretty good despite having bladder cancer. He had his corartic artery cleared out a couple weeks ago and he seems to be doing fine. Next he gets a defubulator. After that, they operate on an embolism on his arorta and then finally, the bladder is dealt with. So far, he's being a trooper.

We got in very late on Tuesday, March 18th. Our flight was fine....a little longer because of fog but all in all not bad. Jim picked me up from the airport and Phil's brother Jim picked him up.

On Wednesday I used Jim's car and drove out to Getzville to see his family. I had lunch there. I got back to Angola around 4:30pm. We had tacos

On Thursday, I hung out with my dad for a bit; put some of his things on Craigslist; picked up my brothers' van from the dealer with dad's help. We had Chinese. Jim, Jon and I went to church. Katie played her Oboe and Deb was in the choir.

On Friday, Phil came to Angola. We all went out to Outback for dinner. Ed and Marlene and Amanda were there too. After that we came home to watch the Sabres lose.

On Saturday we all went to the mall and to see Horton Hears a Who. It was cute. We had dinner at the Warehouse.

Sunday, we went to church. Afterward we had lunch, went to see my dad for a bit and went to Getzville. Phil drove his mom's car and I drove Jim's. I came home afterward but Phil stayed.

Today, Jim, Kate, Jon and I went to Walmart. Then we went to the mall for lunch and some other stores. Now I'm back.

Tomorrow is our flight out. It's a late flight so I wouldn't be surprised if we got held up in Atlanta for the night. We will see.

It's good to get a way but I miss Becca Boo. Reality will be setting in on Wednesday morning when I'm back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two questions: First, do you and Phil ever fly together or do things together on vacation? I mean more than he drove this car and i drove that car to the same place. Second, what keeps you here in OKC? I'm sure I've asked you this before but can't remember your answer.

~smg

Oh yeah, I still haven't had time to post in livejournal about my vacation. hopefully soon though!

EVA MAHONEY said...

Yes, we often do things together but I want to see my family more and he needs to see his family. He likes to see my family more than I want to see his family. Not that I have anything against his family but we talk and that's it. Talk or eat. It just works out better for us.

We are here because the economy is much better here and I hate the cold.