The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Monday, May 19, 2008

May 19th

I've been working on my present job for not quite a year. When I first was hired, there was one lady, Pam, in the company who worked at a different building who emailed me. Her primary reason to email me was to welcome me to the company. I was new and I didn't know the culture of the workplace so I freely emailed with her over the next few weeks. We seemed to be on the same line of thinking...believing that each day was a gift and that we needed to cherish each of them even if it was not Friday. I just felt some sort of connection with this woman.

When I met her for the first time it was like we just knew each other. It's so hard to explain but there was not much of a beat we were missing. She just struck me as "my kind of person."

In August we moved into a new building together. I found Pam's office on a couple of occasions as some kind of refuse. I was having a hard time with others who were not privy to my line of thinking. Pam offered me support. She let me vent and sometimes she laid it out for me in no uncertain terms. We shared the honesty that can be hard to find in the business world.

In the last few months, Pam's mom became ill. I would check on her, asking Pam how she was doing. I prayed at night that her mom would be okay or if God had plans that Pam would find the strength to let it happen.

I found out today, May 19th, 2008 that Pam's mom passed on. I find it no accident that Pam lost her mom exactly two years to the day, that I lost my momma. And I firmly believe that Pam and I are not the only ones who share a connection.