The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, September 10, 2011

One month Boob-free

Okay, sing this song to the tune of Born Free (the Andy Williams version, not Kid Rock's)...

Boob-free....as free as the wind blows
as free as my bra blows
without mam-mar-ies

Okay, that's all I wrote of it.  Catchy, huh?
I am doing physical therapy to help with the range of motion in my right arm.  It's not straightening out completely.  PT should stand for Physical Torture!
I met with my radiation oncologist, Dr Young, on Friday and here's the scoop there.  I had a CAT Scan and they gave me three tattoos.  No, not a heart or an angel; just a little dot.  But I have to say, each one hurt. I mean not to the point of doubling over in pain but enough to make me cringe. If this is what it's like to get a tattoo...a picture of something permanently etched in my skin, forget it.  I'll pass.  Anyway, I have to go back on Friday (9/16) for some kind of check and then on Monday (9/19) I will start the treatment.  I will go every weekday afternoon for six and a half weeks.  The entire process takes about 15 minutes.  So the travel time is longer than the actual treatment time.  I will experience more fatigue and my chest area will have some kind of reaction to the radiation...like a sun burn.  They will give me a prescription for some special lotion.  I'm not allowed to wear deodorant under my right arm so I'm only going to stink on one side of my body.
So that's my report.  Good day!

No comments: