The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Don't Mess with my Mojo...

Aw...first of all, I know it's been a while.  I've been working on a year end blog but it's still kind of only in my head.  I'm putting it aside to write what's in my head right now that's not a part of that blog.

First of all, here's an update:  (Just informing...remember)

I've been a little under the weather with some kind of cold or something.  Dr Toma's office put me on antibiotics that I think are doing the job.  Last weekend I sounded pretty bad...like my brother Ed on steroids.  I also felt like crap.  I guess my immune system is still not where it needs to be.  

I'm also doing physical therapy for my arms and chest.  My right arm still hurts quite a bit when I raise it.  Christa Newgent, the physical therapist I mentioned a few blogs back who talked at the Breast Cancers Survivor's luncheon in October about lymphedema suggested when I went in for a consult on my lymphedema sleeve that I do PT.  Of course I had to take time off so I could sneeze and hack up a lung in the privacy of my own home. (I'm pretty okay with keeping my germs to myself)

The neuropathy still sucks but the Neurotin to treat it is just as bad.  By mid morning every day I'm ready for a three hour nap. If I have PT to go to I just try to hold off on taking my morning dose but sometimes, depending on the scheduling, I have no choice.  So, sorry to say it...I'm sleepy quite a bit. 

I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit.  I did manage to get all our WNY gifts bought, wrapped, boxed and out in the mail.  Also we sent out a bunch of Christmas cards and we hand wrote most of the messages...adding more this year than last since so many more people have come back into my life.  So that's good. 

This leads me to the main topic of this blog...2012.  I really really am hoping, praying and needing a great new year.  Seriously after 2011 I need some good stuff in my life. (Not that there wasn't any good stuff in 2011...believe me there was...wait until the next blog for more on that.) I want to basically ignore any negative stuff.  It's full steam ahead on the Positivity Bus!  But...and we knew we'd have a but...I already see negativity on the horizon.  Aw...please!  I want to be selfish...I really don't want to deal with anything I can't control and I really don't want to feel bad about it.  That's pretty much the bottom line.  Sorry to be so cryptic but I really can't say more about it yet.   So is that so bad?  Aw...here's a struggle all in itself.  Stay tuned.

No comments: