The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Courtesy

It's common courtesy to return the favor; is it not? If I offer to do something, say pick up lunch since I'm out anyway, shouldn't the person who benefits from this, return the favor? Okay, I do it because I want to; really I don't mind. I guess some would say "if you do it because you expect something in return, than you shouldn't' do it." Is this right? Is expecting a person to reciprocate asking too much? Couldn't we butter each other's bread?

Same for blogs. If I comment on your blog, is it asking too much for you to read mine and hopefully comment? Gawd...this makes me more angry than not picking up lunch. Maybe because all it takes is a couple minutes of time.

I believe in the golden rule. I believe if you are going in one direction, someone else might benefit from it too. Why not share the wealth? Why not acknowledge someone's existence? Where's the harm?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear, I hope this is not about me. If so, please forgive me. I have been trying to keep up with my blog, along with health crises in my daughter-in-law's and my life.
Also, I returned your email message but keep checking and don't see a response, so I'm wondering if you got it.
Anyway, I'm not sure some of us new bloggers understand the etiquette of blogging - I recently got in trouble on a message bd. I started because I didn't respond to the message right before me...I didn't even know I was supposed to.
I guess that's how we learn.
At any rate, dear Eva, you have been on my mind and heart since your email, a lot, and I do apologize for not getting back to your blog sooner.
I sure enjoy it!
jlo

EVA MAHONEY said...

Oh Judi, it was not directed at you at all. You haved commented. It's others I never hear from and it bothers me. Such a silly thing especially in light of what your DIL is going through and you too.