The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Little Too Crispy

J R Martinez - A true inspiration!
I have new found respect for anyone who has been burnt in a fire or even gone through radiation treatment.  God Bless all the burn victims.  I can't imagine their pain.  There is a man, J. R. Martinez, on Dancing with the Stars. In 1993 he was serving in Iraq when he was seriously injured.  He suffered burns over 40% of his body.  Oh my God, I can not imagine the pain he went through. I feel sorry for myself - to be going through radiation treatment. My skin is deep red to dark brown along my chest where the cancer was and it hurts more than I ever imagined!!!!  I know it's nothing compared to what he went through.  Fortunately, this is my last week. Praise the Lord because I don't think I could take more of this.  No one ever told me it would hurt so much.  I'm going to be hurting by Friday but then I should be on the road to recovery.  Praise the Lord!!!!

Now if only the neuropathy and total forgetfulness would get better...then I'd be set.

PS...I don't want to minimize the fact that I am cancer-free.  I know I am so lucky and perhaps I shouldn't complain about a side effect that will go away eventually but right now...aw..I just need to let you know how it really is.  Remember, not complaining, just informing. :). 

No comments: