The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, May 13, 2011

New Update-Good News

Good News: Dr Toma (pictured with me) is very happy with how well the tumor is shrinking! She's ecstatic actually. I'm more cautiously optimistic. I do feel that it is smaller but I'm more scientific in that I want some kind of diagnostic proof. But if Dr Toma is happy; I'm happy.

I had my third chemo yesterday. It wasn't too bad. It seems like the anti nausea drug causes me the most issues. It makes me dizzy and then I feel sick. Then they do the Red Devil chemo which is the one where I have to chew on ice and the ice tastes so salty and that makes me feel even sicker. Fortunately the Red Devil only takes 15 minutes to administer and shortly after that I feel fine. I have two other chemotherapy drugs run through my port after that; Taxotere and Cytoxan. It takes another hour and forty-five minutes.

I was getting the Neupogen shots for seven days after each Chemo but now they have switched me to a different shot called Neulasta. I only need to get this shot once, the day after Chemo and that's it. So this is good news. No more dragging my sorry butt over to CSoOK every day for a week.


So far, I am feeling pretty good. I'm a little tired and nauseated. I just got the shot so I'm sure that will kick in tomorrow more than today. We'll see. Finding foods I like to eat or drink is difficult. Foods that were once so tasty are not. They're bland or salty. I'm down five pounds in the past three weeks. (Although my jeans don't feel that much looser.....what's up with that?)

I am very blessed because there is a ton of hope. I'm going to beat this. It's not going to be no cake walk (what does that really mean?) but it will happen! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

nb said...

So happy to hear that your doctor is happy :)
And I think you are looking very beautiful.

EVA MAHONEY said...

aw....thanks Nancy. I so appreciate your support!