The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, May 27, 2011

Who do I think I am? Oprah?

I have spent some time writing about people who have touched me or influenced me in some way but I noticed not nearly as much as those who have wronged me. Why is that? I suppose I expect people to be nice, thoughtful and caring creatures so when they are, it's not a big deal. I really need to change my thinking on this. You know, reinforce the positive and ignore the negative.

Oprah often asks, "if there's one thing I know for sure it's ______?" I would say, I don't have a mean bone in my body. Not a one. My mother always said, and I've blogged about this before that I'm too forgiving. Where the Bible says to turn the other cheek, I've already prepares for the slap.
I know that if I've been wronged, I usually cry or let it go until later after it festers in my brain a while and then I react by writing about it. I try to keep some kind of anonymity but that doesn't always happen. I guess in my mind this is my way of confronting the situation. Nothing I write is mean or nasty; it is the facts as I see them.


Recently I have been told that I have posted something that had hurt someone's feelings. To them I apologize but in my defense, I have to say, whatever it was, it was the truth.
Yes, I live in this dream world where people will read what I write and wonder if the text applies to them and they will change their ways. Sure, why not? Life is full of lessons, why not learn from me? Yeah, who do I think I am, Oprah?


But even Oprah would say being rude (usually the reason I felt wronged) is wrong and not "Being the best YOU." On the positive side, I don't write about people I don't care about...even if they have wronged me.

No comments: