The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, July 15, 2011

Last Chemo Update

Well, my last chemo was yesterday. On Facebook I eluded to some good news but that may not be as good as I had hoped. I had complained to Dr Toma that the Taxatere was really causing some bothersome side effects...numbness in fingers, toes, feet...even my lips so she decided I didn't need the last dosage. This saved me an hour in the chair and the hope that I'd not feel as nauseous or fatigued this weekend. Well, that hasn't happened much. True the numbness is better...at least the numbness of chemo (not so sure on loosing my job.)

Today I had to see the radiologist because after my surgery I will be needing weekly daily radiation for six weeks. This will not start until 3 or four weeks after my double mastectomy (to be determined). She assured me that the biggest side effect of this is fatigue and maybe some redness at the radiation site. I imagine this to be a walk in the park after all I've been through. Also today, I had my last Neulasta shot. This is good but I feel the bone pain already. Oh well. It's temporary.

So, now I'll be pretty much sleeping this weekend away. In between I will be trying to eat something. I'll probably be making Phil crazy because there are so many things I will try and I won't like and then he'll want to eat them so not to waste so much. But we'll get by. This too will pass and good things are around the corner.

No comments: