The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Ends Another Chapter

All my possessions from my office were delivered to me this afternoon. It's kind of sad (but I didn't cry). It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate over four years. I'm one of these people who tend to make my office an extension of my home. I bring in blankets (cause it's always freezing in office buildings) and pillows (not the kind you put on your bed, just ones for your chair) and shoes and a fan and a radio and a electric back massage cushion and more shoes.

I have cartoon journals that I create during my brain storming sessions. I've got to scan some of them....cause I'm really fuckin' funny. I don't usually swear but if it emphasizes something like this, it's okay...from time to time. Not all the time...over use is not cool in my book.

Anyway, I also had furniture I brought in to make my office a little nicer....a side table and chair and my own bar. No, I didn't serve drinks....not during office hours....just kidding but the bar was the right height so I could stand and work on ...well work and give my back a break from sitting. It was the perfect solution. And I had bought my own office chair because I wanted something with good support and not the hand me down that was available to me. (Although in all honesty I never asked for the company to buy me a new good chair.)

All of my stuff is in my house, now. There are boxes of it. Even Christmas decorations I had stowed away in the bar when not in season. It was all returned to me today in a bittersweet anti climatic non-celebration. I'm looking through it and reminiscing those good times.

Now I have to find a place for it. Some is going up on Craig's List; some I'm keeping for my next job...hopefully I can bring in the bar. Maybe I need to keep in well stocked. Perhaps this is where I went wrong?
Hmm....just a thought. :)

No comments: