The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Crying at work

Here's an interesting article Crying at Work, What NOT to Do.

Kristie Theobald writes:
Work should be a healthy, well-balanced and positive place ... after all, we're there for a great deal of our lives. So if your workplace is anything but those three things, my advice to you would be to get the hell out of there and find something that is as close to your joy as possible"

I say AMEN. Just wish it was that simple.

I can sure relate to trying to turn the other cheek:

But there is a colleague of mine who can turn really narky when it suits her and I am somehow the first in line for her to throw her crap at. Might be because I'm easygoing and I don't fight back very often. But unfortunately I can also be quite sensitive at times and being bawled out by someone doesn't sit
with me very well. I am only just starting to develop a toughness!

Personally, to tell me to NOT cry; it's like telling me to not bleed after you cut me. It's not going to happen. My advice, if you're a manager, don't make your workers feel like idiots. Problem solved!

No comments: