The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Thursday, January 03, 2008

What people think

You're not suppose to care what people think. That's what you are told. Your opinion is all that matters. Well, how can you not care. If someone misconstrues something you say, and they think you are a mean person; how can you not care? I don't have a mean bone in my body. I wish I did sometimes because I know I'm walked over. I know some people take advantage of my sensibilities.

When a difficult situation becomes apparent, I will avoid it like the plague. I will run the other way because I hate confrontation...with a passion. But if there is no where to hide, (ie: at work) I will make the best of it; I will throw a little levity into the mix to make things appear right, happy. Unfortunately, I'm so naive because when I do this - with no malice in my heart - my humor will be misinterpreted as a way to get back at whomever I may be at odds with. And it matters to me what they think.

How can you not care what people think? No man is an island. Eleanor Roosevelt said that no one can make you very inferior without your permission. I think this is a crock. Your boss can! When your livelihood hangs in the balance...yeah...their opinion matters. But that's just me.

No comments: