The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, January 11, 2008

I couldn't believe it

I was at the mall today for lunch. I ate in the food court. Next to me was a woman with a child..a boy of about 3 years old. He was pushed up to the table in a booster seat. I saw the woman come up behind him and say into his ear,"Now, I'll be right back. Just stay here."

I watched as she left the food court. She took the esculator up. I was done eating and I needed to get back to work, but I couldn't leave this little boy there until I knew the woman had returned. I lingered a bit and it seemed like a long time had past. The boy just sat at the table eating his lunch, undisturbed by the fact that his mother (I assume) had left him. Maybe he was used to it. Maybe he just trusted her. I watched as the woman returned to him.

I was standing at this time and I'm sure she saw me waiting. I said when she was in ear shot, "I was watching him."

She thanked me but she seemed annoyed.

She was probably gone for a minute and a half....not long, but that boy could have been taken in a heartbeat. I was just amazed that someone could do that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Eva,
You are so right. What was this mother thinking?! I pray that she gets a good wake-up call, before it's too late.
Love,
Jlo