The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dear Ford Motor Company...


I'm sorry to bring this to your attention but there is a serious defect with the locking mechanism on your 2003 Ford Focus. Today during a snow storm I got in the car, started it up and then left the vehicle to scrap the windows. I did NOT push the button to lock the doors or press the lock feature on the keyless entry, however after scraping the windows around the entire car, freezing my ass of in the process I discovered much to my displeasure the doors had locked. I'm not making this up! They locked on their own!

This has happened once before; again when it was crappy outside and I had to resort to calling my husband to come get me, driving home to get the spare set of keys and then returning to the running car. Yes, it was quite toasty warm inside but that does not excuse you from the embarrassment I had to face when my co-workers said, "Oh, you locked your keys in the car!"

I can say until I'm blue in the face, "IT WAS THE CAR!" But everyone shakes their head as if to say, "NO, YOU NUMBSKULL, IT WAS YOU!" Like a car does not have mechanical troubles from time to time.

You owe my Mr. Ford Motor Company! You owe me big! I'm talking free OnStar Service for life! Mr. "Quality means doing your best when no one is looking"...you anti-Semitic....tweeb!

Sincerely yours,

Eva

No comments: