The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The birds have my name on their beaks...

They are saying, "Cheap, cheap.." I will admit, I am a cheapskate. As I had stated before, I'm really big on thrift shopping. Oh man, the deals I got yesterday just make me want to squeal. I bought this beautiful Amanda Smith two piece suit...ivory, fully lined, with pleats in the skirt and functional pockets in the skirt and in the jacket. It is in great shape. I just need to get it dry cleaned. I paid a whooping $2! Yeah...that's two bucks. Whoever owned it before me couldn't have worn it more than once. The threads on the waist band that held on the cardboard label are still intact. Those are the threads that you need a seam ripper to pull. I bought my husband a perfect pair of Dockers...his exact size for 50 cents! I also bought a jumper (made in the USA) for $1.75. All are going to the dry cleaners today (except for the Dockers which are machine washable). I may never pay retail ...or even sale price retail again. Sorry I if am dwelling on the unimportant....I just can't help it.

Work is so darn busy. I have a major mailout that has to be ready to go out Wednesday. I'm going home Wednesday morning (6/29-7/7). I'll get the mail merge done, the letters printed but someone else will have to stuff envelopes. I'm not missing my plane. Besides if I were in charge...if only...it would have been done by now...but that's another story. More later.

5 comments:

dot said...

The "Tightwad Gazette" would give you five stars. Do you have any of her books? Amy Dazyzcn. I think that's how she spells her name.

dot said...

I googled it. It's AMY DACYCZYN. Maybe you could teach her a thing or too, though I doubt it.

Chris said...

Eva, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get these amazing deals? Maybe they'll have something in my size!

EVA MAHONEY said...

Hi Chris...It's the Thrift Shop on Littler and I think 3rd Street behind Sherry's Drugs. They have a half off sale on Saturdays. I bet they have your size. I really did well on the men's pants. The only draw back...it is really crowded. I think I waited in line for 20 minutes to checkout but it was definately worth it!

EVA MAHONEY said...

Bill..they also lived in them, celebrated life in them, went to work in them. I'll take my chances. Thanks for stopping by.