The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, June 17, 2005

Tom and Katy are getting Married!

Oh, I'm so happy for them. Really! Okay...not really. I can't believe this is headline stuff. Like Michael Jackson being found not guilty. It was the headline in the Oklahoman. Surely this can not be the most important item in the news, no? The local news this morning had a story about Tom Cruise and Katy Holmes...he proposed to her at the Effiel Tower. Okay, yes, I'm jealous but I still don't think this is headline stuff. I told Phil, imagine going some place for leisure and not having to worry about how much money you are spending. We can't do that...everything has a price. We can't go bowling, it cost a fortune...money better spend on food and clothing. I just can't imagine the ease of just buying what you want....and I'm not talking about extravant stuff...I mean just lunch and tickets to a play or a concert or simple stuff.

Oh well. Maybe in another life.

I go to the library (thank God that's free) and I try to find a book that really grabs me, throws me against the wall and screams "read me, read me!" I can't find one at the moment. I'm sure I will eventually but I have taken two out and discovered I couldn't get into them. I'm so picky. I just like upbeat happy girl meets boy kind of books. I seem to gravitate to the first person narrative. Like, The Book of Joe and Everything Changes by Tropper. I need to find one this weekend.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I totally agree! It's DEFINITELY shouldn't be headline news! "Tom and Katie engaged! Katie converts to Scientology!" Must be a slow news week.

dot said...

Who is Tom Cruise? Never heard of him... ;-)

I have the same trouble with books. I make it halfway through, and I completely lose interest. So many people write books these days.

Your comment on my blog was so nice. It made my day.