The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Found a book, found a bargain, got some bread

Could life get much better? I went to the Edmond Farmers Market. Didn't buy a farmer but I was looking. I did get some bread, zuchinni/raisen/nut...love it. Then I went to the library and a book grabbed me enough to actually check it out. Plus I learned how to do the self-service check out. That is so cool...scan your card, scan your book, out pops the receipt. See, I'm so easily amused.

Then I went to this thrift shop on Litter. There were a lot of cars in the general area of the shop. I found out why...almost everything was half price. I bought four pairs of slacks for a whopping $2.16. Two of them I have to hem to make into Capris...I'm just too tall and finding my inseam is a feat. One is for Phil but I might have to hem them because he's so short (not really but his legs are shorter than mine even though he is taller than me). The other...Eddie Baurer...is a good fix. My waist is 32 and my inseam is 34...the Eddie Bauer is exactly that which is amazing because clothing people, or the person who purchases the clothing for stores, usually don't have 34 inseam unless your waist is 34 or larger. Of course, I don't shop at the high end places when I am looking to pay retail. But even the cataloges (Penneys, Sears) don't think long legged people are relatively thin. Most catalogs list a tall size and state the inseam is 32...whooo whoooo. Anyway, I'm happy w/ my finds.

Since I started this Pilates exercise, my body has gone amuck. There's this one exercise where you have to squeeze the muscle that you use to stop yourself from peeing. I can't remember the muscle..I think it starts with a "K". Well, you won't believe it but I think I pulled that muscle. Something "in there" hurts a bit now. Only I could do this! Wait till I tell my Physical Therapist. He'll flip.

I gotta go...later.

1 comment:

dot said...

Oooh. Kegel exercises? Is that what you mean? I could never do those, though I tried. They just feel too weird and...Ugh. To me Kegels give me the same feeling that people get when they hear fingernails being scraped against a blackboard.

I can't believe you didn't buy a farmer! In my present state of midlife crisis, I might have. Just kidding.

I think it's great that you can turn a $2.16 purchase into something fashionable and wearable.