The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Monday, March 21, 2011

C is for Courage!

I had my MRI today. (That's me on the right) Nothing too interesting to relate there. The MRI place at The Breast Center is very nice. You get to wear a nice terry cloth robe; not some skimpy paper thing. They give you a low dose Valium which is nice...makes your legs feel a little rubbery. You're laying on your stomach so you're not really feeling all that claustrophobic because your face is seating in a holder like on a massage table. It's loud but you have ear plug and a head set to block out all the banging. I even fell asleep. Before I left the Center, they gave me a packet of materials about my pathology report and other information. The lady told me to review the information tonight so I had some idea what the surgeon was talking about tomorrow. I have to tell you, I have never feared a packet of paper so much in my life. I was absolutely afraid to look at it.

I called Dr Williams' office and asked if he or someone on staff would go over the materials with me because I was just too afraid to do it alone. They welcomed me over. At 4:15 Phil met me at their office. I'm telling you, if you need a GYN and live in Edmond, OK you need to use Noel Williams, MD. He is such a nice doctor; so compassionate and thoughtful. He listened to my questions and gave me answers. I'm happy to say, although this is not the best situation, it certainly isn't the worst either. There is a lot of hope. I lot more than I had thought. First of all, the tumor is lubular which compared to a ductal one is not as bad. Yes, mine is big but because it's lubular, size isn't as much an issue. It would be better if it was "in sitz" but it is invasive so that's not a good thing but if we act quickly....there's still a lot of hope.

For tonight I feel a little better. Tomorrow is the big day. The surgeon will have the benefit of the MRI results. My hope is he'll say, "Let's get you admitted today." Really...I really want this over. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

C is for the conviction u have to overcome this! thanks for sharing your progress. Hang tough Eva !

Jessica said...

I've been thinking of you. Hoping your news is better than you expected.So glad you have a supportive and kind doctor!