The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Thursday, March 24, 2011

To think I was once flat chested.....

Okay...so we were all flat chested at one time. I remember being flat chested in junior high when shopping for your first bra was a big deal and all my friends (okay both of them) were way ahead of me. I recall being called "Flatsy" in the girl's locker room. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not still injured over that, believe me but at that time, never in my wildest dreams would I think at any time my breasts would grow via the help of a lubular breast tumor. Seriously, the right breast is tumor enhanced. The left side is bogged down by 50 year old elastic skin that I love. It's like Gramma's bosoms, smaller than hers but soft and inviting that says "come here my child, let me make you feel better."

I saw Dr Toma. She's a very nice lady....kind of reminds me of Lilly Tomlin. But here is the plan....first step, I need a PET Scan to be sure the cancer is not anywhere else but on my right breast. This is happening on Monday. Then my cardiologist has to give the okay that my heart is up to chemo treatment. I'm not sure what would happen if it doesn't. Then, I need a port placed in my chest so there's a place to put the chemo into without having to go poking around for veins. I'm not actually sure how the port goes in or where or why but that's all coming.

My biggest concern now is the PET Scan and the results. That's the hurdle I need to clear and then I think it's down hill from there. :)

No comments: