The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Saw the Surgeon

There is a lot of good news...well as good as good can get in this situation anyway. So far the MRI does NOT show the cancer in the left breast or in the lymph nodes. This is super good especially if it stays this way.

This tumor however is very big....about 10 cm which is around 4"...this is in circumference. The surgeon, Ned Hemrick, MD, says to remove this large of a tumor now is asking for trouble; the larger the tumor, the higher the risk of spreading. So my next step is to do chemo first. As I said in my last post, I really was hoping to just get the sucker taken out prompto but that's not going to happen. The thought of harboring a diseased body part around for any time longer than I need to, well, it kind of freaks me out but I guess I'm going to have to learn to ignore it. You know, like when you were kids and you hated being in the same house with your brother, much less the same room but your mother said, "you'll have to figure out a way to co-exist by ignoring each other." Okay, it's not nearly the same since I at not one point really truly hated my brother and I'm sure visa verse but you get the picture.

Dr Hemrick says that he has seen tumors shrink to the point of disappearing; that's how good chemotherapy works. Of course, he is leaving it to my oncologist to discuss with me what will happen to my body as I go through the treatment. I need to do a little more research on that because what I know about it doesn't sound pleasant.

I see Dr Toma, who I am told is the best in Oklahoma, on Thursday afternoon. Despite the unknown, which is the top thing of the things I hate, I'm anxious to get this started. I'm so ready to be on the back side of this.

My family and my friends have been so super super supportive. My Okie friends, people I have just met in the past few years have really be the greatest. I can not tell you how much I love them for being my Okie family. I have family members that live in NY and Florida who are on stand-by to come to help when needed but my Okie friends are here and so generous to help and I love them for that. :)

3 comments:

JKD1958 said...

I read all your blogs today. Brings back memorys of dad. He had so many setbacks. Denial was the first problem. I am glad you don't seem to have that problem.

nb said...

Thinking about you, Eva, and sending all good thoughts your way... Love you!

Sheri said...

Been thinking about you Eva. I pray for only the best results from the chemo. I hope the oncologist was just as helpful to you as all these other doctors have been for you. Remember that you are a strong woman and you will make it through this... save time for a really good cry too. Even a good cry will help you feel better. I miss you!

Sheri