The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some Good News

I got word from my oncologist that the PET Scan shows no other cancer anywhere else except for the right breast. This is good news because now I know what I'm dealing with. I had been agonizing over what if there was cancer in my lungs or my bladder or somewhere else. Your mind just reels when you get the news that cancer is somewhere already in your body. To find out it's no where else is huge! So here's the plan.... I'm getting a port put in this week. I've decided to give my port a name. I'm going to call it my Port of Sanguinity. I should be starting chemo on Friday or Monday and then we're going to shrink this sucker of a tumor in obscurity. Then it will be removed via a double mastectomy. This kind of cancer...Lobular has a greater risk of recurrence so a double is usually the protocol. I have such amazing friends....especially my co-workers. They really rock! My neighbors, the IT department have been so supportive and kind. They have given me funny cards and flowers and prayers and hugs. My good friend who I have known the longest, Liz has been a dear.....she drove me to my MRI, gave me prayers and has called me to check on me. My best friend Jo Jo has listened to me, cried with me and let me pass judgment with relentless abandon. Mary is always checking up on me, getting after me about eating and drinking water. Sheila has given me roses and text messages and constantly forecasting my prognosis. She's very funny too. My Facebook friends have been so super...I can feel their positive energy. So it's onward and upward! I'm going to slay this beast! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Howdy Eva. Just wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking of you. From the looks of it you are doing fine. I will continue to pop in on your site (given to me by a former coworker of ours) and check on you until you have this cancer beat.

Take care.
JJ (Joseph)