The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, March 18, 2011

Wake Me Up Please

Well, the results are not good. Aw man. It's so surreal. This doesn't happen to you; it happens to someone else's neighbor's aunt. You hear about it and you are sad and feel real bad but you go back to your life and that's that. But here I am...I've actually said it out loud a couple of times today.."I have breast cancer!" Oh dear God. Give me strength.

The good news is that it appears to be "contained." It isn't in the lymph nodes from what they can tell. I'm not exactly sure how they know that from an ultrasound but they apparently do and for now, I'm going to go with it. The not so good news is that this particular cancer is kind of spotty...it will be in several spots in the breast and a mastectomy is usually the protocol. Losing my breast does not bother me. I mean, I'd rather not but if it lengthens my life, I'd rather spend the rest of my life sans breast than not alive.

The next step is a breast MRI which is scheduled for Monday at 10;30. Then I have an appointment with a surgeon on Tuesday morning and at sometime I will be getting an appointment with an oncologist. I'm still numb right now.

I noticed when I was at work; which is where I was when I got the news that my filter is a little shorter. It's kind of funny actually. I'm a funny person to begin with but now I think I have a license to be even funnier. There's something about a potentially terminal illness (and notice I said POTENTIALLY!!!!! AND I MEAN IT!!!!!) that can allow a person to say what they feel without being as overly concerned about it.

Stay tuned.

No comments: