The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, January 28, 2011

Facebook


I love Facebook! My brother hates it but I really love it. I have 285 friends; many are family; some are co-workers; some are former co-workers; some are colleagues who I don't work with at HPI but deal with often through work; some are former classmates and some are people I just meet.

What blows me away are the high school classmates. I wrote about our unofficial reunion we had this past summer that was pretty much thanks to the reach of Facebook. I've really connected with a lot of great people I didn't really know in school. There was a lot of crap in the way back then. So much is stripped away and it's so refreshing to see that, yeah, we really aren't so different from one another after all.

In my daily life at work, I spend a lot of time communicating with insurance plans and I'm happy to develop relationships with these peoples. When you add Facebook into the mix (which I don't do at work, by the way) it even makes the working relationship better. There are people I deal with on a daily basis in the clinics that I've gotten to know a little better with FB, too.

Also, FB has gotten me in touch with a lot of relatives I would never had known about had it not been for FB. I have a third cousin (his great grandfather and my great grandfather were brothers) in Germany who I would never have gotten to know or understand our relationship if not for the flexibility and convenience of FB. Well, I truly don't believe so. I have relatives in California that I had always hoped I'd connect with and I am.

All in all...for me Facebook has been a blast. I know, it's a little time consuming and most people are too busy already but...if there's a will there's a way. I really do believe that.

No comments: