The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Can you say "Neuropathy?"

Remember our deal...I'm not complaining; I'm merely informing. Okay?

My feet have been killing me. Aw man, they have been aching so much for a while now. Sometimes I get this shooting spasm of what feels like electricity running through them. It doesn't matter if I'm standing for sitting or have them elevated or not. They just hurt. Sometimes when I wake up I notice they don't hurt and it's just an amazing relief but then I get up and they hurt again.

So I've put it off long enough and I called Dr Toma's office. Of course they were concerned about a blood clot so I had to go and get an ultrasound of my legs. Fortunately there is no clot. Oh my God, thank the Lord Almighty for that because that would be the worse thing; that would mean my surgery wouldn't happen for a long time and maybe I'd have to have chemo again to ward off any cancer growth and oh my, just the thought of that brings tears to my eyes. So no clot!

But I have Neuropathy. I'm on drugs for this. Hopefully it will help. It's a pretty normal reaction to chemo. I should have complained...I mean informed...Dr Toma's office sooner so I could have started the drugs sooner but...well, I didn't. This should also help with the numbness in my fingers too.

Okay...I'm done informing. For now :)

No comments: