The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Friday, August 26, 2011

Stop my Body I want to get out

As I posted on Facebook today, I got my drains out yesterday. Aw man I was so happy. Before going to the surgeon I was in the shower crying my eyes out asking for God to please let the drains come out. I think I wanted this more than the surgery to be over. It was so uncomfortable. Well, the Dear Lord listened and the drains came out. It was so simple. Dr H just snipped at the stitch and took them out. I had my eyes closed so I have no idea what was actually happened. Many had told me it was going to hurt but fortunately for me: no pain. None. Hallelujah!

No
w here comes the really weird part. After Flora took me home, she and I were visiting in my living room. All was well until my legs started twitching...more like I just couldn't keep them still. I told Flo about it that I had to get up and walk around. We made our way into the kitchen and still my legs just wanted to run a marath0n or something. Flo sensed that I needed to rest so she left. As the afternoon went on it got worse and worse. Even my arms wouldn't stay still. I couldn't read or write or even Facebook because I couldn't stay still. So I took a relaxing bill that was prescribed to me to help with the anxiety of getting cancer. It didn't help much. I would lay down but it was ridiculous; I was like a live fish on the beach, trying to flop my way back to water. I know this sounds crazy but it was happening. I decided to try to take a walk but the relaxing pill was making me dizzy so I came back and tried to lay down again. Fish flopping resumed.

In my confused state I remembered that my Percoset said I could take 2 pills at a time. I got this confused with my relaxing pill and I took another. By the time Phil came home I was a mess. I was still flopping around but as I walked I was running into stuff. I had so little control. Jo came over and it looked like I was having what she thought was "restless body syndrome." We're not even sure this exists. I barely remember much of it. It was like I was drunk. I even called Dr Toma's office but had to leave a message. I kind of remember doing that but I have no idea what I said on the message. Vicki from her office called back but talked to Phil because I was in and out of sleep. Jo left, deeply concerned. Finally I did sleep. I didn't have any dinner. I woke up a couple times during the night but went back to bed. This morning I got up and moved to sofa and slept a little more. It was so weird. Now I'm afraid to eat sugar or caffeine.

Nothing to spoil my freedom from those lousy drains, for sure. If anyone can relate to anything I just said, please let me know. Cause I'm baffled.

But better times ahead! :)

No comments: