The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Surgery is over!

So my boobs are gone. They are bandaged plus they are bound up pretty tight. I have four drains. They dump into these four little Christmas tree ornament shaped receptacles. Really look like ornaments and mostly what is collected is blood, they really look Christmas-like. Sorry to be so graphic.

Wednesday morning our power went out when a storm came through. We had to get ready by flashlight/cell phone light/candlelight. We got to the hospital at 5:20am.

I posted on Facebook
:
Eva Dinkuhn Mahoney
Is at Integris to be de-boobed and de-ported. :)

By 6:30 I was in my room prepping for surgery. I talked with the anesthesiologist and then Dr Hemric at 8am. I was wheeled down to the OR and the next thing I knew I was in recovery. The surgery took two hours but it felt like 2 minutes. I really don't remember how I got to my in-patient room. It's all a blur. I was pretty much in and out until later in the afternoon. My friend Jo Jo came in after she was done with work shortly after 4pm. Glen, her husband came by for a while too. They went to dinner but came back. My other friend, Mary came over too. I was pretty high on morphine by then. I posted on FB to let everyone know I was fine:

Eva Dinkuhn Mahoney

Hey all! I'm doing pretty good (high as a kite) but not bad. I'll be blogging soon...stay tuned.
  • Kitty Keohane Scott good, good, good!
  • Christine Ferguson Yawney the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter all the time, Eva! soon this will all be behind you!
  • Randy Snyder Good for you!!!!
  • Crystal Crawford Cox Glad it went well!
  • Renee Pinto Stonitsch More prayers for you!
  • Arlene Yeates Cooper Awesome!
  • Mary Ann Phillips great Eva enjoy the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Jamie McGugan Keller I am so glad your doing better!! Prayers are sending your way and thinking of you all!
  • Mary Jo Borzelleri Miller glad to hear it, take all the good drugs you can.
  • Linda Just So glad to hear it!
  • Jeff Morris I am HAPPY your doing well Eva!!!GOD BLESS YOU,my friend.
  • Nita Hedrick Benefield So happy you've got it behind you. The few weeks just take care of Eva!!! Stay Strong... :-)
  • Margaret Dick High as a kite is good!
  • JoAnn DeFilippo Zoda Eva...glad to hear you are doing good! High as a kite isn't a bad thing! Get some rest...keep us posted. Prayers are with you
  • Holly Hecker That is great, Eva! Enjoy the high (because goodness knows, they will wean you off it soon enough). Hope you have a good night tonight - and tomorrow, when they want you up and moving around, do it even though if is hard, because it will speed your healing. I promise!
  • Gemma Zotara So glad you are doing well and high as a kite...enjoy the buzz while you can...hope you continue to feel well every moment of every day. I will keep praying for you and sending you healing thoughts and prayers!♥
  • Maureen Harrison so glad to know youre doing okay....continued prayers your way! cant wait for the blog..
  • Melanie Willoughby hope everything went well, get well soo
  • Suzanne Leone Hummel Great news Eva...your positive attitude is amazing!!
  • Janice Moore Glad to hear you're doing well - I'll bet you're glad it's over! Better days are coming!!
  • Joann Ellis STAY STRONG.......
  • Patty Puckett So glad to hear you are doing pretty good. Will watch for more news.
  • Melanie Willoughby if you would like, i can come and visit sometime in the near future, now that my daughter is done with her divorce and almost settled. we have to help her move some more stuff in the next couple of weeks that she has at my house back to Kansas City
Wednesday night was a different story. The morphine gave me a headache. Wednesday night/Thursday morning became the longest night of my life. I'd dosed off but when i woke up I thought a couple hours had passed when only 15 minutes had gone by. It was like the opposite of what had happened when I was in surgery but it went on all night. My headache finally went away this morning. Dr Hemric came to see me and let me go home. So now I'm home figuring out what I can do and can't do. Well, no lifting much of anything. No showers. I see Dr Hemric next Thursday. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of the Christmas Ornaments.

As part of this permanent record I need to include these Facebook well wishers:

Good luck to you, my friend! I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through.
Lee Harmon Eva, You are always in my thoughts!
Good luck today, Eva.

Brian Anderson Good luck today, Eva.

Tammie Schmitz-Anderson Thinking of you today and so sorry that you have to go through everything you have been going through.

I still haven't got the idea that I'm really boob-less. I think it will take a while before that really sinks in. All in good time. :)

1 comment:

joann said...

AMAZING GRACE!! God is so good. You have truly been a trouper through all of this. You are a wonderful example to all of us. My prayers are with you daily. When you a ready for a lunch date just let me know and I will come pick you up and take you to lunch. My treat :o). But first get better and better and better!!
Joann Ellis