The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cookies and other good things


OMG, I'm eating the best cookies ever! And my taster is really liking them. That's the amazing part. Yeah, it's not love yet but it's getting there. These great cookies came in the mail today from Carolina Cookies and were sent to me by Jan Moore and Chris Yawney, two co-workers from my days at Jaeckle Fleischmann. Here's a picture of the cute box they came in and also that of Becca who is waiting patiently for me to give her one. (I didn't) But isn't she adorable?

Okay, now for the report from Dr Hemric....I have to keep the drains in. This sucks but I can take a shower. He wants me to keep the bandage off so air can get into it. It feels very naked without the bandage. I have removed the compression bandage which he said I don't need since the drains are in still. He gave me the physical prescription for Percoset but I wasn't able to get in filled since Phil had to get back to work but he'll pick it up on his way home. Also, regarding the lymph nodes he removed, he took out 8 of them, one had cancer cells. It would be better if none did, but one out of 8 is still good.

I still can't drive. I can start to exercise my arms but I think just using them is exercise. I had to make Phil carry my bag because it was just too heavy. He was really good about that even though it didn't match his shoes. But I can carry some things. Yesterday I folded clothes out of the dryer. That was kind of an exercise. I didn't lift the basket when I was done though, I know my limits.

Dr Hemric promised the drains will come out next week. Yeah! So we're on the right track! Stay tuned.

No comments: