The Move....

I have decided to continue by blog at a new location. Please adjust your bookmarks. The new location is:https://sites.google.com/site/evasgoodlife/

Saturday, November 03, 2007

What if my words fall on blind eyes?

I'm big on snail mail letter writing. I love to write letters. I'm just in need of an audience. I write to one family back home. Of course, I never hear back from them but each time I see them, they say how they love to read my letters. I just, kind of wish, I heard this feedback more often...like in between letters from me. I have recently started writing to a cousin back home. We have always been friendly but never really connected until this past summer. Her sister died unexpectly. I wrote to her to lend my support and let her know I was thinking about her. When I saw her over the summer she was unusually happy to see me, telling me she loved me and wanted us to be closer. So, I've written to her. Like all my letters, and I'm sure this is true of everyone, I write first asking her how she's doing. This takes up about 5% of the letter. The rest is about me..what I'm doing, what's been happening around me. I believe this is how most people write if they were to take the time to write letters. There's just a part of me that wonders if the receiptant really gives a darn? Are they enthralled to know that I just painted my living room? Do they really care that my husband is back in school? That's kind of the problem with snail mail...the response is so slow and at times, like in my case, not happening.

Oh, I understand some people just don't like to write. I get that. I just hope the receiptant isn't saying to themselves, "And I need to know this, why?" I don't think it's a waste of my time because I'm doing what I need to do...WRITE! Whether or not it's being read...that's secondary.

No comments: